Monday, December 24, 2018

Christmas is for Riding!

F
or many years, I have been riding on Christmas, and this year is no different.  All the rides are different.  Sometimes it is too cold to even ride outside, so then we just bop about in the indoor arena.  Sometimes, it is warm and we have a wonderful trail ride.  Other times, we can't cross the river and just ride on the hill.  

Once, we battled the weather and rode in a big snow storm.  I remember Cruiser and Ranger refused to cross the river, that day.  The snow was floating on the river and gathering at the edge.  It looked really funny.   But that day, my little Mingo didn't let me down.  He crossed the river, and we had one of the best winter rides I ever had.

This year, it looks like it will be chilly with no snow.  I don't expect we will even cross the river if the ground is frozen.  The river bank will be frozen mud that is chopped up by horse hooves--not the safest to ride over.  I don't know what we will do, but you can be sure, that my sister and I will get to ride on Christmas.  It is our tradition.

No comments: