Thursday, December 21, 2023

My Sister

My Sister

Years ago, I always drove Camaros.  My third one was a 1981 maroon Z28.  Shortly after I bought that car, my sister, Ellen, bought a Camaro.  It was a little older--but it was maroon, too.  There we were--both driving a maroon Camaro.

A few years later, I bought a new car.  It was a 1990 blue Camaro.  It wasn't long after that that Ellen found her next car.  It was also a blue Camaro.  It was a little older, but it was blue, too.  There we were--both driving blue Camaros.

That went on for some years before Ellen got sensible and bought a car with front wheel drive.  I continued driving my blue one until 2000 when I got a silver one.  At least we were driving very different cars.  I finally got smart and started driving front wheel drive cars, too.  Driving rear wheeled sports cars in the snow is way too stressful at this age.

My current car is a red Chevy Cruze.  (It is no coincidence that I used to have a horse named Cruiser, and now I have a Cruze.  I keep his old stall sign in the back seat.)  Ellen just bought a red car.  It is a darker shade--leaning towards maroon, but it is still a red car.  She did it, again.

Well, this time, it was my turn.  She has a chestnut Lambert Morgan--and now I have a chestnut Lambert Morgan.  Hers is a little older, but here we are, both with chestnut Lambert Morgans--and it is a good thing.

No comments: