Thursday, February 3, 2022

What Can You do with Clicker Training

What Can You do with Clicker Training

Anything.

This isn't horse related--but cat related.

My sister got a kitten, and she decided to clicker train her.  I clicker train my cat, Thunder, but Ellen is taking it to a whole new level.  She is training her to be a dog.

The best thing she has done--and I plan to do with all my future cats, is to teach her to load into her cat carrier. Why didn't I ever think of that?  That is the hardest part about getting Thunder to the vet--all the cats we ever had, for that matter.

Ellen's cat loves to load into her carrier.  She loads her and carries her about the house--and even outside.  

She sits on command better than my clicker-trained dog.  She is teaching her to "come" and to heel without a leash.

Ellen is also harness training her.  

Lately, they have been working on paw handling.

Wait a minute, she isn't teaching her to be a dog--she is teaching her to be a horse!

I like how she is teaching her practical things that will make their lives happier.  She'll be able to clip her claws, take her to the vet and hopefully, she will be brushing her teeth, too.

No comments: