Monday, March 9, 2020

Goodbye Winter




 Goodbye Winter

Here is Shari and me on out last snowy ride of the year.  (I hope.)  This was an incredibly easy winter for us.  I don't think there was a single week that I didn't get out in the park.  Sometimes I was just riding on the hill, but I was still in the park.

Springtime silliness shouldn't even be an issue for us.  We had our bouts of it over the winter with the brisk weather and snow, but they are so used to being out on the trail, that the only novelty that will happen this spring is warmer weather.  And that is something that will calm them down if anything at all.

That means, our big project this year is getting Ellen and Dante on the trail.  She regrets quitting early this year--never expecting the weather would allow us to continue our trail riding.  It isn't that she stopped riding.  She has worked hard in the arena while we were out goofing off.  Now, with spring on the horizon, her anxieties are starting to come back.

But, we will get through them.  We have every spring.  Soon, we will all be together on the trail again. 

Life is good.




No comments: