Tuesday, December 22, 2015

My Garden


My big, multi-year project.  This is my garden wall that my sister rebuilt a few summers ago.  I have been working on bringing the garden back to life, but nothing has thrived.  This winter, I am bringing home tubs of rotted horse manure every time I go to the barn and adding them to my various gardens. This one has about 6 inches of manure on it, now.  In the spring, I will be planting all kinds of flowers in it.  Hopefully, the deer will allow some to grow.

This is the view outside my dining room window.  It used to be a thing of great beauty before the wall started to collapse and killed much of the flowers.  I hope to return it to it's former glory.

4 comments:

aurora said...

Gardens are a never ending project. When I first started growing perennials I thought once you planted them you were good to grow. Boy was I wrong, twenty years later of replanting & redoing all the garden beds over & over proved reality. What is the story behind that cool stone structure?? I've never seen anything like it.

Judi said...

It was there when my parents bought the house. I think the previous owners put it in when they put in the garden. We call it "The Fireplace." It used to have a grill that fit in it and we would gather wood and have cookouts with it. The grill finally deteriorated, and I never use it. Since it is probably over 60 years old, it is showing it's age a little bit. I just think it is pretty.

aurora said...

It's very unique!!

Achieve1dream said...

I love the wall Fireplace thing!!! It's beautiful! I love old stuff like that. It makes me so sad when they tear stuff down like that in my hometown. I can't wait to see it when you manage to get the gardens flourishing. I bet the manure will help a lot. :D