Thursday, January 30, 2014

Thunder’s been Pouting

Thunder’s been Pouting

Yes, it’s true. In the morning, when I am all ready for work and have a few minutes to spend with him, he has been sitting on his dining room saddle pad, not looking at me and is unresponsive to my attentions. This has been going on all week.

Maggie, aka Dumb Dog, is happy when I get ready to work. She knows that I will be loading up her Kong Wobbler with her morning portion of dry dog food. She follows me all around, wagging her odd tail with happiness. She wants me to go, and the sooner the better.

I hide some treats for him to find later on, heat his SnuggleSafe and make sure they both have water. Maggie keeps following me around, wagging.

And Thunder just glowers. I have been putting food out for the birds so he can hunt from his tower in the living room, but 5 minutes before I plan to leave, he is pouting in the dining room. I try pets. I try giving him some food to eat on the floor—and he just ignores me. Maggie volunteers to eat the food.

I set my microwave timer each morning to make sure I don’t leave work late. When it goes off, Thunder looks disturbed. Maggie jumps for joy. I give her the Kong Wobbler and go say one last goodbye to Thunder, who is back to pouting. This morning, as I walked away, I looked back. He was looking back at me with imploring eyes. He wanted me to come back. I did, gave him a handful of treats and left. At least this time, when I glanced back, he was eating the treats.

It’s rough leaving a cat that adores me, but I sure do get good greetings when I get back home!

No comments: