Friday, September 20, 2013

Quick Update on what's Going On

On Wednesday, Kevin and I had a short but nice trail ride with Cole and Starry. We did lots of trotting and cantering.  I wish the sun didn’t set so soon. I will only have a couple weeks more of ever-shortening rides, and then I will be in the arena.

Thursday morning, Kevin went on the same ride with Ellen, since I was at work. They had a fun ride. Dante led the whole way, since Starry refused to take the lead. They trotted from the time they crossed the river until they turned around, and then they walked home.  She then took Ranger for a ride.  Somehow, she still had energy to go to work. 

It looks bad for the weekend. They are predicting a lot of rain for tonight and more in the morning. I hope we can at least ride on the hill.


The good news is I got a new roof on my house this week, so there is no more worrying that the next storm will be the one that will cause it to leak. It was pretty bad. It looks so nice, now. Poor Thunder was very frightened and spent his time under the chair. He only started purring again last night. He is still being skittish.


I went to my 30th class reunion last weekend, and I had a nicer time than I thought I would. I don’t know how we all got so old. I had a very tough time recognizing people. Next time, I hope they make the name tags larger, as my old eyes had trouble reading them. The good news—no one had any trouble recognizing me. Horses keep you young.


No comments: