Tuesday, August 16, 2011

High water

3.51 inches of rain.  That was the official tally for this weekend’s storm.  Needless to say, I didn’t cross the river last night.  I rode Cruiser 3 times on the hill, and Cole and I worked in the arena.  He did much better than he has for the last few weeks.  I was getting the big trot more consistently and for longer durations.  We lasted 35 minutes, and then a couple other horses came in, so I decided I would take him down the hill rather than deal with all the dust.  He was fine on the hill.  I know it wasn’t long ago that a trip on the hill meant racing down and racing up.  What a difference, now.  He walked down like a gentleman and walked back up like a gentleman.  I would have done more, but I am losing patience with the mosquitoes.

2 comments:

Mary said...

My gosh that's a lot of rain! I bet the bug are horrible. I glad he was a gentleman for you.

Achieve1dream said...

Good grief. That is a ton of rain!! I guess it's a good thing there is a river to catch it so the place doesn't flood lol.

Yay for Cole on the hill. It's so exciting when you hard work and patience pays off isn't it? :D