Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow Storm

Whew! What a trip to work. The roads seemed totally unplowed, but it may have been because the snow was coming down so fast. The traffic was atrocious. It usually takes 20 minutes, and I took and hour and a half. The snow is still falling. I sure hope it stops by the time I go home.




Even a front wheel drive car wouldn’t have helped me, today. I don’t think I ever got faster than 15 MPH. I actually only slid a couple of times the whole trip. I drive a Camaro—I have only had Camaros my whole life. My next car will be a fuel efficient front wheel drive car, that’s for sure. I have just gotten too old for this.



I just hate winter so much. If I didn’t have to drive so much, I don’t think I would care so much.



At least it is now light when I drive home from work. In a few weeks, I will be able to walk the dog in the daylight. It won’t be until March when it will be light enough to go on a trail ride when I get to the barn in the evening. It seems like forever.

1 comment:

Achieve1dream said...

I love Camaros!

I'm glad you made it safely. Be careful on those snowy roads. It stresses me out so much to drive when it's snowy and icy. Scary! I'm just not used to it because we rarely get snow. I can probably count the times I've seen snow in my entire life on both hands (if you don't count last year - that was weird).

I'm enjoying being able to drive home in the light too. It's so nice. I'll be happy for spring too. :)

Don't worry though. March will be here in no time and you will be back on the trails.