Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The storm is over

They predicted 3-7 inches of snow for last night.  We got a quarter inch.  I believe it over.  The wind was vicious, though.  I rode Cruiser last night in the arena, but I decided to play it safe and not ride Cole.  The doors were constantly banging, the wind whistled over the roof and there were all sorts of other noises going on.  I led and lounged him, and he was very edgy.  I then turned him outside to play in the snow.  He carefully ran and bucked a few times--and then wanted to come in.  He is a funny horse.  He used to live outside before I got him, and he doesn't seem to want to stay out there, now.  I'm sure it would be different if there was grass to graze.

It sounds like I will be able to ride him tomorrow when I go out.  The wind is already easing up.  I sure have had enough to winter!

1 comment:

Achieve1dream said...

LOL It's always like that here. They predict something in the weather and we get the opposite lol.