Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Bah Humbug

Okay, here is the big confession. I don’t like Christmas. In fact, I don’t like any holidays. My sister is the same way. We would love to completely skip the whole thing. I don’t want gifts. I don’t like trying to figure out what gifts to give people. I hate shopping. I don’t care for the decorations, and I hate the music. The songs “Winter Wonderland” and “Let is Snow” should be permanently banned. Whoever wrote those obviously didn’t live up north. Getting together with my family doesn’t mean anything. They all live in town—we can get together whenever we like. We don’t need a holiday to do it.




This isn’t new. I remember starting to feel this when I was a teenager. It gets worse every year. We haven’t put up a tree or decorated in decades.



Total Bah Humbug.



I do like the food and the days off from work. That is about all.

1 comment:

Achieve1dream said...

I'm sort of the same way. I do like Thanksgiving though. Probably because of the food.

I get so SICK of the Christmas music and T.V. shows. Seriously people were decorating in November!!! It's all so commercialized and stupid! I wish holidays lasted one day like they're supposed to. So yeah, me too. :)