Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Successfil weekend with Cole

I had a very successful weekend with Cole. Friday evening, we had a decent ride in the arena. It was incredibly hot (90s), so we only did a little trotting. I didn’t want to get him too heated up with his winter coat. He was steady and well behaved. At this point, I can’t ask for much more than that. I was very pleased.




Saturday, the weather was chilly. That’s how it goes here in northeast Ohio. I took him out alone about 5 miles round trip on the trail. We did a lot of trotting and ended up and a brand new trail for him. On the way home, we met my sister on foot and walked back with her. It was an A+ ride. I was in heaven.



I never expected Sunday would be just as good. This time, we went with my sister on Ranger. We did some trotting together. We put Cole in the lead, and he was just fine. My sister was the one with the challenge. Ranger likes to be lead horse, and she had to tactfully keep him behind Cole. We trotted 3 stretches of trail that morning and walked the rest of the time. Cole got an A+ again! It was an amazing weekend.



This weekend coming up is a 3-day one for me. My sister has to work on Saturday, so I will be alone that day. This evening, I will try him in the arena, and Thursday he is getting his feet trimmed.



Cruiser was great all weekend, of course.

1 comment:

Achieve1dream said...

That is so fantastic! I'm glad you had such a great weekend!