Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Trail Training Newsletter #111 - Just How High is the River?

Just How High is the River?

As anyone who has received this e-newsletter for more than…maybe one issue, knows the trouble we have with our lovely Rocky River. If it is too high, we can’t cross and don’t get much of a ride.

I found this neat website that I thought I would share with you. It is http://waterdata.usgs.gov/nwis/rt If you go there, and you are lucky enough, you will be able to get nearly current data on how high the river you need to cross is. It is really neat.

They don’t measure right where we have to cross. They measure a couple miles downstream, but it can give me an idea what the river is doing right from my computer. It also tells me the speed of the current and the temperature of the water.

I’m sure it is a website I will be visiting a lot this summer.

No comments: