Friday, January 29, 2010

My Little Mingo

This is one of my favorite pictures of Mingo.  He is actually quite young, here--I believe he is 3 or 4.  I was writing my book at the time, so we took a lot of pictures of his early rides just in case I found a publisher.  I think we did use this one in the book.

One of the reasons I like this picture is that this is the river ford that we had so much trouble with over the years.  It was proof to me that he could cross it.  It is quite a long saga.  Last fall, with the help of clicker, I got him crossing it again.  I clicked for forward movement--the main lesson that we have concentrated on this summer.  It really paid off, here.

You can see from the picture, here, why we don't want to cross the river when it is high like this.  

2 comments:

Achieve1dream said...

Wow great picture! That is a crazy big river! The mare I had growing up didn't like crossing water much smaller than that lol. Kudos Mingo!

IceRyder said...

Good on the clicker training!

I have a clicker blog here:

http://clickryder-blogspot.com