Tuesday, April 19, 2016

This Time Last Year…

This Time Last Year…

This time last year, I was eagerly awaiting the arrival of my new horse.  Well, we all know how that turned out.  Believe it or not, my tailbone still hurts from being bucked off.  I am glad to report he is still at the trainer that I gave him to.  I saw him in the background of a video for another horse that was for sale.  He looked healthy and happy.  Since they still have him, he must be working out.  I know they put many months of training on their horses until they offer them for sale, so I am sure they have a long way to go.  I’m glad they must have worked through the bucking problem.

I was so disappointed with the whole experience that I put all my plans of buying a second horse on hold.

And now, I am happy it all worked out the way it did.  I was so upset about everything that I asked Ellen if she would let me take care of Ranger when she wasn’t there.  I have enjoyed taking Ranger for his walks so much.  I always liked Ranger, and this has given me more time to get to know him.

He has benefited, too.  With his breathing problems, Ellen can’t always give him all the exercise he needs.  I am able to help fill in the gaps.

Ranger loves going on walks with me.  When I reach for his halter, he starts neighing and carrying on.  He just can’t wait to get out the door to walk around and around the loop.  I don’t know what the attraction is, but he does get clicks and treats. 

I don’t know if everything happens for a reason, but it sure seems like it this time.  If I would have had another horse, I would have never had this opportunity to spend precious time with Ranger in his golden years.  This time is golden to me.

The story had a happy ending, after all.

2 comments:

TeresaA said...

I wondered how the golden pony was doing. Glad he seems to be doing well

Achieve1dream said...

I'm glad he found a good home and seems to be doing well with them. I'm really happy you get to spend time with Ranger! It did all work out well for all involved I think. :)