Friday, October 2, 2009

House Cat Tip of the Month

House Cat Tip of the Month

Indoor cats love to play with outdoor toys. I had a cat who loved to chase acorns, but Thunder wasn’t impressed with them. When I saw one of the barn cats playing with a buckeye, I thought I would bring one home for Thunder. I set it down near his toys to play with later, but I never got the chance. The next time I saw it, it was shredded. Pollie, our dog found it. So much for that idea.

I gave him a tiny summer squash, and he was having fun batting it around. I warned him to watch out for Pollie, but when I glanced over, I realized I was too late. He was looking at the bare floor, bewildered, and I could see the dog in the other room eating the squash.

My sister’s cat likes small sticks, but her dog will sometimes take them away. The cat and dog sometimes play tug-o-war with them, but the dog always wins.

Thunder does like to play with green beans. His favorite beans are the Chinese Yard Long beans that I grew this year. They are about 2 feet long. Kevin’s cats think that these long beans are great, too. My sister’s cat likes normal green beans. She puts one at the end of a stick for him to follow around. The best thing about green bean? Dogs hate them.

No comments: