Monday, December 13, 2010

Weather Update

We didn't get much from the big storm.  It was north of us, and we mostly got rain.  Once it got cold, we got a few inches.  I cleaned off 6 inches from my car this morning, but the roads were ok. 

Now, the real problem-LAKE EFFECT!!!  Being close to Lake Erie is a real problem.  The lake is still warm.  When the cold air goes over the lake, it makes snow--lots of it.  They say it may stop by Wednesday, and we should have a foot or so.  But it is so hard to predict that it may be much less or way more--depending on the direction of the wind.

We had the same thing happen last week, but this time, it is much colder and the wind is worse.  We live in the secondary snowbelt.  The horses are out of it, and usually have half the snow.  In the snowbelt, they are expecting 2 feet on top of the 2 feet from last week.  I wouldn't live there if they paid me.

I am so ready for winter to be over.

1 comment:

Achieve1dream said...

Awww me too. It will be spring before we know it. Heck I'm still finding it hard to believe 2010 is already gone. Sheesh I blinked. :)