Monday, March 28, 2011

Smokin' Cole Train

Here is a picture of me on Cole the first day we made it across the river this year.  Ignore my dorky helmet cover.  I look dumb, but it is so warm.  I am looking forward to the day that I can take it off and put it away until next winter.

I didn't get him across this weekend.  It was so chilly that I rode in the arena and then took him for a walk down the hill to the river.  He did well.  Lately, it feels like everything is just coming together for us, and it is a very satisfying feeling.  Training a horse is a lot of work, but it sure is worth it when things start going well.

3 comments:

Achieve1dream said...

I'm glad things are going so well for you guys. He's so cute!

I'm reading your book right now and I'm loving it! It's so interesting and easy to read. You cover everything even the excruciating pain of dismounting with frozen feet. I have done that so many times lol! Anyway just wanted to let you know I'm enjoying it.

I'm asking the same questions you asked on my blog, but I'm waiting until his leg is better to try the trailer again. It's not even in the pasture right now. The swelling has gone down in his hock and it's draining icky stuff, but he's not limping or anything. In fact he's still chasing the donkey and goat every morning. I think he'll be okay, but I'm still watching him. I talked to the vet about the draining this morning and he said if it's still doing that when I finish his week of antibiotics that we will extend it. He doesn't seem concerned though. :)

Judi said...

I am so glad you are enjoying my book. Doesn't that hurt to dismount with frozen feet? Ugh. Yes, I put everything I knew in the book.

I only wish I knew about clicker training when I wrote it. It has made it easier with Cole.

The black horse in the book is Mingo. Some of the pictures, he is only 3-years-old. He made a very good model. Cruiser is the chestnut. Not all of the pictures are of us. My publisher added some, too.

Achieve1dream said...

Yeah I think you should do a second one incorporating clicker training. Tons of people update their books as they learn more. :) I love the pictures of Mingo. He was so gorgeous!! I forgot he was black when I first started reading the book and thought 'is that Cole??' then I was like um duh this book was written in 2004 hehe. Blonde moment! :D