Monday, October 31, 2011

House Cat Tip of the Month




House Cat Tip of the Month

I thought of this one when I brought my plants in for the winter. Thunder is fascinated and loves poking around in them. He doesn’t try to eat the plants, too much, but to discourage him from that idea, I put long stalks of grass from outside in them.


Now, he noses around in them, finds his grass and nibbles on that. It keeps him entertained, protects the plants, and best of all, gives him something safer to eat than houseplants.

Of course, I use grass that doesn’t have anything sprayed on it that might hurt him.

(pictures are Stormy, my sister's cat.)

1 comment:

Achieve1dream said...

Your sister's cat is gorgeous! I love orange tabbies. :)

That's a really great idea about the grass. I never thought of that.