Friday, May 28, 2010

Cole is here

My new horse has arrived!

Cole made the 4-hour journey from Indiana to Ohio yesterday morning. It was his first trip in a trailer, and he was a bit stressed from it. Poor guy was simply dripping with sweat when she unloaded him.

We put him in his new stall, and he nibbled his hay, greeted Ranger and the mule and started to relax.

About an hour later, I left to get some lunch. When I came back, he seemed quiet, so I thought I would show him around. He was so well-behaved, I was quite shocked. Cole has manners even when he's been stressed!

I think I got a good one!  I'll be writing a more comprehensive article for my newsletter, next week.

I was so happy today at work, and then I called my sister who was at my house visiting Dad. She told me Thunder was acting strange. It sounds like urinary blackage. I made an appointment at the vet tonight. That really took the wind out of my sails. I am back to normal, worrying about my animals.

2 comments:

Achieve1dream said...

Awwww sorry about Thunder. I hope it turns out to not be serious.

Congrats on Cole. I can't wait to see pictures. He sounds awesome! :)

Achieve1dream said...

Thank you for your very kind comment on my personal feeling/rant post on my Farmer's Life blog. I really appreciate it and your words couldn't have come at a better time. Thank you.

P.S. I saw the title to your recent posts and am dying to read them, but must first go have dinner with my husband. I'll be back though. I'm so excited!