Monday, December 28, 2009

I think I got my Christmas present

Each day, Mingo is getting better. Yesterday, I took him for a walk down to the river. We did it the day before, and he really seemed to enjoy it, and he did fine with the hill. At the bottom, it is flat and level. I trotted him in hand, and he was quite sound and very enthusiastic. We went back and forth a few times, and he seemed happier each time.

The abscess on his pastern finally quit draining, too. It is just a bit seepy.

I called the vet this morning, and she said to keep him on antibiotics for 5 more days and bute every other day. At that point, we will see what happens, and then I will really know if I get my present.

I had a great ride with Cruiser in the arena, yesterday.

Tonight, the farrier is coming out.

No comments: